June 14, 2008
Asus Unveiled the worlds thinnest LCD Display LS221H that is just 24.8mm (0.98-inch) at its thinnest point. The display uses material like leather at the bottom half of the frame to give it rich looks and an extra-hardened glass that prevents scratches and improves visual quality. Read More
June 13, 2008
Engadget has posted slides of upcoming Dell Mini-notebooks. Dell is working on two models, Dell E - an 8.9” model aimed at Eee PC and Dell E Slim - a 12.1” model meant to compete with MacBook Air and Lenovo X300. The Dell E will have three notebooks, the E classic, E Video and E Video+. As the name suggests the E Slim notebooks will be just 0.8” thick and will come in two models E Slim and E Slim+. Read More
June 12, 2008
Last year, when Microsoft announced Surface table many companies had announced that they will deploy Microsoft’s Surface in their store but till now only one company AT&T has added Surface to its selected few stores. Now you can add a second company to the list Harrah’s Entertainment Inc., as they will deploy the Surface Table at iBar ultra-lounge at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino. Read More
June 11, 2008
Verizon and LG announced three new handsets. Isn’t it irony that the touchscreen handset is called “Dare”. The other two handsets are Chocolate 3 a clamshell phone and Decoy a slider device. The Dare is a touchscreen phone that doesn’t have hardware keyboard and uses stylus and fingers for input and control. Even though the phone has touch inputs only, it doesn’t support multitouch input. Read More
The Unofficial Sony Ericsson Blog has posted information about the latest Cyber-shot flagship phone C905 codenamed Shiho. Like all Cyber-shot phones it will also come loaded with various camera features. The C905 will have 8.1-megapixel camera, auto focus, face recognition, image stabilization, red-eye reduction, Xenon flash, LED flash and video stabilization. Read More
June 10, 2008
Apple has posted updated iPhone Software 2.0 beta for developers, which includes the minor changes that were announced yesterday. Apple has now changed the .Mac setup references to MobileMe service that was rollout on Monday. Read More
Voodoo today introduces the 13.3-inch Envy 133 notebook that will directly compete with Macbook Air and Lenovo X300. The carbon fiber notebook comes with LED backlit screen with 1280 x 800 resolution, Intel GMA X3100 graphics, 1.6GHz or 1.8Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 1.8” hard drive or SSD option. Click to Read More & Watch Video
June 9, 2008
Rumors that Apple will focus on performance and not features for its next OS X 10.6 update were proved true today. Apple’s senior vice president of software engineering said, “We have delivered more than a thousand new features to OS X in just seven years and Snow Leopard lays the foundation for thousands more. In our continued effort to deliver the best user experience, we hit the pause button on new features to focus on perfecting the world’s most advanced operating system.” Read More
Apple today introduced MobileMe, a new Internet service that delivers push email, push contacts and push calendars from the MobileMe service in the "cloud" to native applications on iPhone, iPod touch, Macs and PCs. MobileMe also provides a suite of elegant, ad-free web applications that deliver a desktop-like experience through any modern browser. Read More
June 8, 2008
- That's it from WWDC Keynote. No "One more thing" this time from Steve.
- Now he is overviewing sessions at WWDC and he thanks the crowd and leaves the stage.
- Steve and crowd is thanking the iPhone team.
- Steve is now showing ads.
- The phone will be launched on July 11th in 22 countries. The maximum price around the world is $199
- The 16GB available in two colors black and white will be priced $299........ that is awesome
- Now the final challenge Price, the iPhone started at $599 and now the 8GB goes for $399. The 8GB iPhone will be Priced $199.... what the.........
- The iPhone will be available in 70 countries, the rollout will occur over the coming few months.
- With GPS the iPhone can do tracking. A pulsating dot is moving across the Google Map as a car drives down Lombard street.
- GPS is now supported on iPhone.
- 3G has great battery life on iPhone 300 hours stand by and 5 hours talk time, 2G will give 10 hours talk time. 5 to 6 hours of browsing on 3G, 7 hours of video playback and 24 hours audio.
- He says when comparing to other 3G phones from Nokia (N95) and Palm (750), iPhone is 36% faster.
- He compares the speed of 3G and 2G, 3G finishes in 21 seconds and 2G takes 59 seconds.
- He says Apple has learned so much and has added more to create the 3G iPHone, Even thinner, black plastic back, solid metal buttons, same gorgeous display, camera, flush headphone jack and dramatically improved audio.
- Introducing the new 3G iPhone............
- He says that 56% people who wanted a iPhone didnt get it because of price.
- Apple figured out what the next challenges are, 3G network, Enterprise support, third party apps, more countries and more affordable.
- Now he is talking about the iPhone at last, says Apple sold 6 million iPhones until Apple ran out several weeks ago.
- A 60 day free trial will be available with iPhone 2.0 software and then you have to pay, no price announced yet.
- He concludes by saying that MobileMe an incredible new experience for all your information. It's exchange for rest of us.
- He is adding photos over the air to the MobileMe gallery.
- He is now using web interface of calendar to add meetings, with in seconds of making adjustment the changes appear on iPhone.
- iDisk allows files to be send via the application. now Phil is showing push email and its interface on phone.
- The calendar has color coding and drag and drop feature, gallery also has drag and drop feature and live thumbnail scaling.
- The Mail app allows panes to be resized, multiple message selection like desktop Mail application. The contacts have live search and Google Map integration.
- Me.com will have mail, contacts, calendar, gallery application and iDisk.
- Will have a desktop like experience on the web to work all of the data. the website is me.com
- MobileMe works over the air, with Mail, iCal and address book on Mac and with outlook on Windows.
- He says it works like ActiveSync, data gets synced automatically both ways. will include Push mail, contacts and calendars.
- Now Apple is introducing MobileMe, Exchange for rest of us. Phil is on stage.
- Now he is talking about Apps Store, it will be available in 62 countries and you will be able to download apps less than 10MB on mobile network otherwise it will require WiFi or iTunes.
- iPhone 2.0 will be available in early July for free for iPhone owner and $9.99 for iPod touch.
- Fourth is bulk delete for messages, fifth is save image ability, Sixth is a new calculator with Scientific mode, seventh is parental control and eight is language support.
- Now he is discussing new features in the iPhone 2.0 software, First is contact search, second is full iWork document support, third complete Office support.
- Steve is back on stage at last.
- This functionality won't be available until September.
- A push notification service will be available to all developers. when a user quits the application Apple will push updates from their server and the developers server pushes update to Apple. These update can include badges, sounds and custom messages.
- He says that Apple has come up with a far better solution compared to mobile task manager used in windows mobile OS.
- Now thanking the developers for their hard work. He says the number one request has been for background support for applications.
- The company has developed a 3D fantasy adventure game using openGL. The game will be available in September.
- Now the last app is from Digital Legends Entertainment, they only started two weeks ago.
- Modality is showing two medical apps. the first is learning app that helps remembering names of body parts, second is MIMvista medical app for viewing medical imagery. the company will release dozens of apps within weeks of Apps store release.
- Now its Modality, that's it Apple just give us the list of all the apps, we want to see the new iPhone.
- MLB.com is now on stage they are showing a app that shows live scores, current highlights. it will be available when the apps store is launched
- Mark Terry from Moo Cow Music shows Band -- a collection of virtual instruments for creating music from scratch. they are showing a piano for demo, Steve might be laughing at Microsoft's touch piano that they showed at D conference.
- It is Pangea Software's turn, they have ported tow games to the iPhone, first game is Enigmo, which is a physics based game that uses touch controls. The second game is Cro-Mag - a 3D racing game. Both the games will be available for $9.99.
- AP is calling it Mobile news network, the application will make use of location API automatically showing near by sources.
- Shows photos and videos from their news network, you can also send news to AP immediately from your iPhone.
- Now its Associated Press on stage, I hope this is the last application demo.
- Next in line is Typepad, the app makes it simple to blog from your iPhone, you can take pics on the iPhone and post it on your blog directly, this app will also be free.
- The application will be available for free when the Apps store is launched.
- Next it is Loopt -- a application that is a social network that displays a map showing current where about's of your friends.
- The application has all typical eBay functionality and also includes a custom photo viewer for iPhone.
- Now its eBay's turn they are showing an application they developed for auctions, eBay says it took them five weeks to develop the complete application.
- The game looks real fun to play, well be available on Apps Store for $9.99
- Sega's Ethan Einhorn takes the stage, shows the Monkey Ball again, the game has now more than 100 levels.
- Scott is inviting developers to demo their applications.
- Scott is now reading quotes about how easy it is to develop for iPhone from various developers.
- Now he is showing fully functional app in simulator. within 10 mins he created a complete application.
- Scott is showing how easy it is to build an application by just dragging and dropping interface elements and combining them. All the required API's are automatically added.
- Shows a demo for building a interface of a basic Cocoa touch application called Nearby Friends.
- Talks about the development tools X code, Interface builder, iPhone simulator and Instruments.
- All the core services included, complete database layer, location based functionality and Open GL.
- Steve is back on stage after the video and starts talking about iPhone SDK, Core OS makes use of the same Mac OS X kernel
- Even high-education market has participated, shows video of iPhone use in Education and enterprise.
- First the iPhone Software 2.0, 4,000 people have joined beta developer program, 35% of fortune 500 companies have participated.
- Says we have three parts to Apple now Mac, Music, iPhone, we will talk about iPhone, Bertrand will give a peak of the new OS X "Snow Leopard"
- He thanks everyone for joining and says that we've been working hard on some great stuff, we have a record 5200 attendees.
- Steve has taken the stage and people are cheering loudly.
- At last the lights are dimmed
- Announcement: Turn off cellphones, iPhones..... Our program will start in few minutes.
- Everyone is standing up suddenly and cheering
- Everybody is settled and the keynote should start any minute
- Most of the crowd is in the hall now and people are settling down.
- We have started moving towards the hall
It is really crowded and we have never seen these many people at WWDC before.
- Apple online stores are down for Asia, Europe, US and Canada with the usual message "We'll be back soon"
- Macbook Airs are all around
- One more hour to go there is a long line here
- TechzTalk will be doing live coverage of Steve Jobs keynote at WWDC 2008. The live coverage will start at 10:00AM PST / 1:00PM EST on Monday June 9th 2008. You can read our WWDC 2008 rumors roundup to keep yourself busy till the event start. To get live coverage of the WWDC keynote please visit live.techztalk.com.
Steve Jobs keynote at Worldwide Developers Conference tomorrow is one of the biggest events in tech world for this summer. Announcement at WWDC will definitely affect the whole mobile phone and computer industry. As a result there are so many rumors floating around in the blogosphere about what Apple will announce at the conference. Here is the list of major rumors circulating and their likelihood of coming true. Read More