- That's it from the keynote. Now its hand-on time with the new hardware.
- He adds "The hardware and software need to intertwine more than they do on a PC. We think we're on the right path with this."
- Steve is back up and he says "This is worth repeating. It's in Apple's DNA that technology is not enough. It's tech married with the liberal arts and the humanities. Nowhere is that more true than in the post-PC products. Our competitors are looking at this like it's the next PC market. That is not the right approach to this. These are pos-PC devices that need to be easier to use than a PC, more intuitive."
- Steve is now showing introductory video on iPad 2.
- "We think 2011 is clearly the year of iPad 2."
- Steve is back on stage "So iPad 2 -- amazing product. Faster, lighter, thinner. Cameras and gyro. iOS 4.3 and FaceTime. iMovie and GaragrBand. 3G on AT&T and Verizon. Same battery life. Same prices. Black and white. Smart Covers."
- GarageBand will also be available on March 11th for $4.99. For that price its a awesome piece of software.
- Now GarageBand demo by Xander Soren. The app looks so perfect on iPad, you can play Grand Piano, drums and guitar on the iPad.
- Next is GarageBand for iPad. It has got touch instruments, you can plug in a guitar if you want, but it's got touch instruments. Guitar amps and effects, 8 track recording and mixing, 250+ loops and compatible with Mac version.
- Steve is back on stage, he says "It's awesome. 1.3 lbs... it blows my mind, this stuff."
- iMovie on iPad is similar to app on the iPhone, but only better. It will be available on March 11th for $4.99.
- Editing a movie on the iPad looks really easy and the touchscreen actually makes it easier.
- Randy Ubillos is demoing the iMovie for iPad and it looks gorgeous on iPad.
- iPad also get iMovie. It will come with precision editor, multitrack audio recording, new themes, AirPlay to Apple TV and HD video editing.
- Scott is demoing Photo Booth and FaceTime.
- The iPad comes with new cameras and they also have new software for the cameras including Photo Booth with real time effects and FaceTime.
- Along with iPad 2 Apple is releasing iOS 4.3 and Scott Forstall is on the stage.
- Second is a cover, Apple calls it "Smart Cover". It a flap that covers the front of the device. it is magnetic and can form various shapes. it will cost $39 for poly case and $69 for leather.
- First is a $39 HDMI adopter that allows 1080p video output and works with all applications.
- iPad 2 will ship on March 11th in US and March 25th around the world. Now Steve is showing accessories for the new iPad.
- Steve points out that 5 of the 6 iPad models are cheaper than competition. All the upcoming 10-inch tablets have a starting price of $799.
- Prices will remain same with WiFi 16GB model starting at $499 going up to $829 for 64GB WiFi+3G model.
- It will be available in black and white colors on both AT&T and Verizon.
- iPad 2 is thinner than iPhone, its just 8.8mm thin compared to 13.4mm for iPad and 9.3mm for iPhone 4. It is also lighter at 1.3 pounds.
- Steve says Apple has built in some cameras for video.
- The A5 processor has dual-core, CPU is up to 2X faster, graphics is 9X faster and has same low power as A4.
- It is an all new design, a complete redesign and features A5 processor.
- Steve is back on stage. Today we're going to introduce iPad 2.
- Now Steve is showing a video about 2010 "The year of the iPad", in which everyone is talking about iPad at school, in hospital and offices.
- He says that App Store has 65,000 iPad app compared to 100 app Honeycomb (android) has.
- Steve is now showing some iPad app available in the App Store today.
- Steve calls the iPad third post-PC era blockbuster product after iPod and iPhone. Over 15 million sold in first 9 months. He is talking about sales figures highlighting how far ahead iPad is.
- Also Apple shipped 100 million iPhones this quarter.
- iTunes now has 200 million accounts and developers have made $2 billion via App store.
- He starts with iBook store announces that Random House is bringing 17,000 books to the store and over 2500 publishers in the iBook store now.
- Steve says we have been working on this product for a while and I didnt want to miss it.
- The crowd has gone crazy and Steve gets a standing ovation.
- Lights are down and surprise Steve is on stage.
- Announcement - Ladies and and gentlemen, our presentation will begin shortly. Please switch devices to silent mode.
Quite a large crowd for iPad 2 announcement.
Everyone is in the hall the keynote should start soon.
Please click on the Digg button to help us spread the word.
Less than a hours to go. The live coverage will start at 10AM PST / 1PM EST.
We will be doing live coverage of Apple iPad event today. The image on the invitation clearly shows that Apple will launch the second-generation iPad today, but rumors are that the event will not be iPad only. Along with iPad 2, Apple might announce iOS 5 and updated MobileMe service. So, join use at 10AM PST/ 1PM EST / 6PM London / 11:30PM Mumbai for complete coverage of the Apple iPad 2 event on live.TechzTalk.com.
Till the event starts you can read the recent rumors about the iPad 2 and March 2 event below: