Everyone has been talking about when iPhone will get 4G LTE, will it be in the upcoming iPhone 5 that will be launched in summer 2012 or the generation after that. However, one thing looks almost certain Windows Phone will get LTE before the iPhone. According to Paul Thurrott of Win Supersite, Microsoft and its Windows Phone partners plan to release a number of LTE devices in first half of 2012 on AT&T. Paul wrote:Read More
December 30, 2011
December 29, 2011
Apple to Replace IPS Panel with IGZO LCD Panel in Upcoming iPad 3
Apple has been using IPS LCD panel in current iPad model, but according to DigiTimes Apple will adopt IGZO (indium gallium zinc oxide) LCD panels instead of IPS panels in next generation iPad. Yenting Chen posted on DigiTimes:Read More
Leaked iPad 3 Components Show Complete Internal Redesign
It has been rumored that the upcoming iPad 3 will see some major redesign with higher resolution screen, quad-core A6 processor and bigger battery. And the photos of leaked iPad 3 components posted by Macotakara support this theory. Macotakara got their hands on the replacement parts for iPad 3, which included dock connector cable and port, microphone flex cable and power on/off flex cable.Read More
DigiTimes: Apple to Unveil Two New iPad Models with Higher-end Version Featuring Increased Battery Capacity
Supply chain sources have revealed to Digitimes that Apple is set to unveil next generation iPad at the upcoming iWorld expo in San Francisco on January 26. The company will introduce two versions of the new iPad that will target the mid-range and high-end tablet market. Apple will continue to sell iPad 2 for entry-level market by lowering the price.Read More
December 28, 2011
Android Had Record 3.7 Million Activations This Christmas, But Apple iOS Stole the Christmas Day
Google’s SVP, Andy Rubin today tweeted “UPDATE: There were 3.7M Android devices activated on 12/24 and 12/25.” Indicating that Android had a record breaking Christmas weekend this year. However, even with such good numbers it looks like iOS devices stole the Christmas day from Google.Read More
Apple TV Rumors: 32 and 37-inch Size, Samsung Chip, and Customized Channel Lineup
Apple is planning to ship their upcoming TV (now rumored to be named iTV) in the second and third quarter of 2012. They have started working with LCD and chip suppliers including Samsung and Sharp. Sharp will supply the LCD panel for the iTV and according to DigiTimes, Apple will initially focus on 32-inch and 37-inch sizes. However, our sources say that Apple will be focusing on three models ranging from 32-inch to 55-inch (our guess is Apple will go for 37 or 40-inch, 47-inch and 55-inch).Read More
December 26, 2011
LG Plans to Show First 55-inch OLED HDTV at CES 2012
Many TV makers have promised OLED HDTVs as next generation technology since 2007. However, very high cost of production of OLED screens bigger than 10-inch has kept TVs based on OLED technology an item for trade show floors rather than mass market. But LG promises to change that with their newly developed 55-inch OLED TV panel, which they will show to select media and customers at a private booth starting on January 9 in Las Vegas through the end of CES 2012.Read More
December 16, 2011
Apple Planning to Launch 7.85-inch iPad in Second Half of 2012
DigiTimes is reporting that after iPad 3 launch in first quarter of 2012, Apple is planning to launch a 7.85-inch model prior to the fourth quarter of 2012. Max Wang posted:Read More
December 14, 2011
Apple Planning to Launch MacBook Pro with Ultra High Resolution Display, and The Technology is Available To Do That
DigiTimes is reporting that Apple is planning to launch next generation MacBook Pro featuring an ultra high-resolution display with 2880 x 1800 pixels. Yenting Chen posted:Read More
December 12, 2011
Next Generation iPad 3 to Ship by End of Q1 2012
DigiTimes today reported that next generation iPad would be available in next 3-4 months, based on supply chain info they received from industrial sources. According to DigiTimes:Read More
November 15, 2011
Components for Ultrathin 15-inch MacBook Pro Shipping in November
DigiTimes is reporting that Apple has started receiving components for ultrathin 15-inch MacBook Pro in limited quantity. These components will be used for test production of the new MacBook Pro with final product shipping in Q2 2012. According to DigiTimes:Read More
November 14, 2011
Review Roundup: Amazon Kindle Fire
Amazon joined the tablet race with their new Kindle Fire featuring 7-inch IPS LCD touchscreen (1024 x 600), 1GHz dual-core processor, 512MB RAM, 8GB onboard memory (6GB available to user), WiFi and micro USB. The Kindle Fire weighs less than one pound and offers up to 8 hours of battery life. Even though the feature list of Kindle Fire is impressive, its most impressive feature is the price tag, Amazon is selling the tablet for just $199. Below we have posted links of 10 best Amazon Kindle Fire reviews available online:Read More
November 12, 2011
iPhone 5 Rumors are Back – Business Insider Source Claims Hands-on Experience
Business Insider is reporting that an industry source has told them iPhone 5 “was real and it was scrapped only months before the iPhone 4S was announced.” The website says that the source has been right about future Apple products in the past, but they weren’t able to verify this information with a second source. This Business Insider source says that he spend about two weeks with one of the iPhone 5 prototype and it had following features:Read More
November 8, 2011
Barnes & Noble Introduces NOOK Tablet
Barnes & Noble today introduced Nook Tablet, which the company claims is their fastest and lightest tablet with the best in HD entertainment. The new tablet comes with services like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Pandora and others, plus a collection of high-quality apps on NOOK Store.Read More
November 7, 2011
Panasonic Announces Lumix GX1 Camera with 16-Megapixel Live MOS Sensor
Panasonic today announced their new Micro Four Thirds camera Lumix GX1 that features 16-megapixel Live MOS sensor, maximum ISO sensitivity of 12,800, touchscreen and faster autofocus (AF) system.Read More
November 4, 2011
Canon Gets Serious About Digital Cinema Camera with EOS C300
Yesterday, Canon announced the new EOS C300/C300 PL digital cinema camera featuring interchangeable lens at a press event in Los Angeles, California. The camera, which features a newly developed Super 35 mm-equivalent approximately 8.29-megapixel CMOS sensor, will be available in two models: the EOS C300 Digital Cinema Camera, equipped with an EF lens mount for compatibility with Canon’s current diverse lineup of interchangeable EF lenses for EOS single-lens reflex (SLR) cameras and new EF Cinema Lens lineup; and the EOS C300 PL Digital Cinema Camera, with a PL lens mount for use with industry-standard PL lenses.Read More
Motorola Launches Xoom 2 and Xoom 2 Media Edition Tablets
Motorola today added two new devices to their tablet lineup, the Motorola Xoom 2 and Motorola Xoom 2 Media Edition. WiFi version of both the tablet will be available in European market in mid-November. Both the tablets feature Android 3.2, dual core 1.2GHz processor, Gorilla Glass display, 1.3-megapixel front camera, 5-megapixel back camera, 1GB RAM, and 16GB on board storage.Read More
November 3, 2011
Details of Jawbone UP Fitness Band Revealed, Ships on November 6th for $99
Jawbone announced their UP fitness band in July this year, but left out some important details like how it works, when it ships and the price. Today, the company revealed all the details about their new product including November 6th US shipping date and $99.99 price tag. So, how it works?Read More
Upcoming iPad Update Not The Real iPad 3, and Apple to Overhaul Most Products in 2012
DigiTimes is reporting that Apple will start production of next generation iPad by end of this year and launch the new model in March 2012. However, the news site claims that the update will be minor and we won’t see major changes like ultra high definition display. DigiTimes’ Aaron Lee wrote:Read More
5 Best Laptops Priced Over $1,000
If you want one of the best laptops available today you would be easily paying over $1,000. And for that price you will be getting latest in design and technology. Below we have compiled list of 5 best laptops available today priced over $1,000. The list below is not ranked as most laptops are not from the same category, and the price range goes from $1,000 to over $3,000. So, the 5 best laptops over $1,000 are:Read More
November 2, 2011
New OLED Manufacturing Process to Bring Flexible Screens at Lower Cost
Engineering Professor Zheng-Hong Lu and his research team at the University of Toronto have developed a new OLED manufacturing method using plastic in place of glass that is more efficient and results in cheaper, flexible screens. Usually, OLEDs are made on heavy-metal doped glass in order to achieve high contrast and brightness, but because of heavy metal glass manufacturing becomes expensive and the screens aren’t flexible.Read More
November 1, 2011
iPhone 4S Arrives in 13 More Countries on November 11
Apple today announced that iPhone 4S will be available in Hong Kong, South Korea and 13 additional countries on Friday, November 11. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 4S beginning on Friday, November 4.Read More
October 31, 2011
Ultrathin 15-inch MacBook Pro Not Coming Before Q2 2012
Yesterday, Macotakara reported that Apple is finishing up a “test phase” for 15-inch ultraportable MacBook Pro that will have no optical drive and replace hard drive with SSD. Many tech websites jumped on this news and started reporting that the new ultrathin 15-inch MacBook Pro is just around the corner with some even claiming that Apple will launch the new laptop by end of this year or early next year.Read More
October 29, 2011
Google Updates Much Criticized Google TV
Last year, Google launched Google TV platform based on Android OS and it was criticized for its complicated UI, slow transitions and overall buggy experience. After more than one year Google has finally released a major upgrade to the software that promises simpler UI, better search / discover and more web content. Four areas that Google highlighted in their press release are:Read More
October 26, 2011
Nokia Officially Unveils First Windows Phones Lumia 800 and Lumia 710
Nokia officially unveiled their first Windows Phone operating system based smartphones today at Nokia World 2011 special event in London. Nokia Lumia 800 and Lumia 710 will be the first two Windows Phone based smartphones from Nokia.Read More
October 25, 2011
iTunes’ VP Jeff Robbin Leading Apple TV Development
Recently released Steve Jobs’ biography revealed that Apple is developing a HDTV. Steve told biographer Walter Isaacson that he has “finally cracked” TV user interface. Steve said, “It will have the simplest user interface you could imagine.” And now Bloomberg is reporting that Jeff Robbin, who helped develop iPod and iTunes is working on Apple TV project. Adam Satariano wrote on Bloomberg:Read More
October 21, 2011
ITU Study Group Agrees on Ultra HDTV Standard
Experts at ITU Study Group on Broadcasting Service announced that they have reached agreement on pertinent technical issues for a new UHDTV (Ultra High Definition TV) standard. The new UHDTV standard will have 16 times the resolution of HDTV standard with over 33 million pixels compared to about 2 million pixels on HDTV screens today.Read More
October 19, 2011
Samsung and Google Unveil Galaxy Nexus The First Android 4.0 Based Smartphone
Samsung and Google unveiled the new Galaxy Nexus smartphone, the first phone designed for the latest release of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). The new phone comes with dual-core 1.2GHz CPU, 4.65-inch 1280 x 720 Super AMOLED HD screen, 5-megapixel camera, 1.3-megapixel front camera, 1GB RAM, 16GB or 32GB onboard storage, LTE, HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth 3.0, NFC and microSD card slot. The phone is designed around a curved glass display and is 8.9mm (0.35-inch) thick with a 1,750-mAh battery.Read More
October 18, 2011
Apple Reports Another Record Breaking Quarter with $28.27 Billion Revenue
Apple today announced financial results for its fiscal 2011 fourth quarter ended September 24, 2011. The Company posted quarterly revenue of $28.27 billion and quarterly net profit of $6.62 billion, or $7.05 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $20.34 billion and net quarterly profit of $4.31 billion, or $4.64 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 40.3 percent compared to 36.9 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 63 percent of the quarter’s revenue.Read More
Canon Introduces Their New Flagship EOS-1D X Digital SLR
Canon today introduced a completely redesigned EOS-1D X DSLR that combines revolutionary image quality of the EOS-1Ds and speed capabilities of the EOS-1D series. The new EOS-1D X features an 18-megapixel full-frame Canon CMOS sensor, Dual DIGIC 5+ Imaging Processors, 14-bit A/D data conversion and capable of shooting an incredible 12 frames-per-second (fps).Read More
October 13, 2011
Review Roundup: Apple iPhone 4S
Apple’s new iPhone 4S looks almost identical to the previous generation iPhone 4 from the outside, but internally Apple has given the new handset some major upgrades. The iPhone 4S packs a dual-core A5 chip, new 8-megapixel camera with f/2.4 lens, 1080p video recording and Siri – the intelligent assistant. The iPhone 4S is available in two colors white and black, in three models – 16GB model for $199, 32GB model for $299 and 64GB model for $399. Below we have added links to 12 best iPhone 4S reviews posted online:Read More
iPhone 4S Slower Than iPad 2, But Faster Than Every Other Smartphone
After iPhone 4S went into the hands of reviewers, one thing that made headlines was that the dual core A5 processor on iPhone 4S has slower clock speed at 800MHz than A5 processor on iPad 2 running at 1GHz. This news raised a big question, will the iPhone 4S be able to match the performance offered by new Android phones like Samsung Galaxy S II that features dual core processor running at 1.5GHz?Read More
October 12, 2011
Apple Releases iOS 5, and Five In-depth iOS 5 Reviews
As announced by Apple early this month, the company released their new mobile operating system iOS 5 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The new OS brings over 200 new features including Notification Center, an innovative way to easily view and manage notifications in one place without interruption; iMessage, a new messaging service that lets you easily send text messages, photos and videos between all iOS 5 users; iCloud, a breakthrough set of free cloud services that work with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or PC to automatically and wirelessly store your content in iCloud and push it to all your devices; and Twitter integration.Read More
October 11, 2011
AT&T Introduces Five New Android Handsets Including Motorola Atrix 2
AT&T has announced that it is adding five new Android handsets to its smartphone lineup bringing the total number of Android handsets on the carrier to 19 for 2011. The five handsets announced by AT&T are Motorola Atrix 2, Samsung Captivate Glide, AT&T Avail, Pantech Pocket and Samsung DoubleTime.Read More
October 10, 2011
Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook Coming This Week Priced $899
Acer announced the availability of its first Ultrabook, The Acer Aspire S3-951. The new laptop weighs just 3 pounds and is 0.51-inch at its thinnest (0.68-inch at thickest). It is made using magnesium aluminum alloy for a rigid frame while keeping the system light.Read More
Apple Announces iPhone 4S Pre-Orders Top One Million in First 24 Hours
Apple today announced pre-orders of its iPhone 4S have topped one million in a single day, surpassing the previous single day pre-order record of 600,000 held by iPhone 4. According to Apple, iPhone 4S is the most amazing iPhone yet, packed with incredible new features including Apple’s dual-core A5 chip for blazing fast performance and stunning graphics; an all new camera with advanced optics; full 1080p HD resolution video recording; and Siri, an intelligent assistant that helps you get things done just by asking.Read More
October 7, 2011
HTC Unveils Sensation XL with Beats Audio
HTC unveiled their second Beats Audio smartphone HTC Sensation XL featuring 4.7-inch 800 x 480 resolution display. The 9.9mm (0.38-inch) thin phone comes with 1.5GHz Qualcomm processor, 16GB onboard memory, 8-megapixel camera with f/2.2 lens, WiFi, Bluetooth and MicroSD card slot.Read More
Samsung Starts Teaser Campaign for Android Ice Cream Sandwich Device Launch, and Specifications Leaked
Samsung has posted a video titled “Something BIG is coming” on YouTube. The video is for the UNPAKCED Samsung mobile event on October 11th in San Diego and Samsung claims “another perfect combination is just around the corner”. It is rumored that Google will be joining Samsung to officially launch next version of Android codenamed Ice Cream Sandwich at this event.Read More
October 5, 2011
Steve Jobs has Passed Away
Apple has just issued a press release informing that the company co-founder and chairman Steve Jobs has passed away. Apple’s main page has Steve’s photo and links to a memorial page.Read More
October 4, 2011
Apple to Launch iOS 5 and iCloud on October 12, and iTunes Match By End of This Month
Apple today announced October 12th launch date for iOS 5 and iCloud. The new iOS 5 includes over 200 new features including Notification Center, an innovative way to easily view and manage notifications in one place without interruption and iMessage, a new messaging service that lets you easily send text messages, photos and videos between all iOS 5 users. iOS 5 will also be available as a free software update for iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS customers allowing them to experience these amazing new features.Read More
Apple Launches iPhone 4S Featuring Dual-Core A5 Processor, 8-Megapixel Camera and Siri
Apple today announced iPhone 4S featuring dual-core A5 processor, 8-megapixel camera, Siri and 1080p video recording. As it was rumored the iPhone didn’t see any major redesign externally, but a complete system overhaul internally.Read More
Live Coverage: Apple’s “Let’s Talk iPhone” Event at 10AM PST / 1PM EST
- That's it from the Apple event, We will posted complete details about iPhone 4S and new iOS features on TechzTalk. Check them out later.
- I seriously don't understand why Apple has to call a press conference for announcing such a minor iPhone update. They had already announced most of the iOS 5 and iCloud features at WWDC and Siri, even though it was impressive wasn't something extraordinary.
- Tim says "Now, when you look at each of these, they're great and fantastic and industry leading in and of themselves. But what sets them apart, and what puts Apple way out front, is how they're engineered to work so well together. Only Apple could bring these together in such a powerful and integrated way. I am so proud of this team. I want to thank you for joining us."
- Tim is back on stage and says "Pretty incredible isn't it". he is reviewing today's announcements, which were nothing more than a minor update.
- iPhone 4S pre-orders start on October 7th with launch date of October 14th. It will be available on AT&T, Verizon and Sprint in US.
- iPhone 4 will be available in 8GB model priced $99 with two year contract.
- iPhone 4S will be available in Black and White priced $199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB and $399 for 64GB.
- He is again talking about specs of the iPhone 4S. He says we are very excited about the iPhone 4S and is showing a video created for iPhone 4S.
- Siri will be a beta to start and will work with English, French and German.
- Phil is back on the stage and he is also talking about Siri. He says it works out of the box and get better over time.
- Siri searches all possible option to give you best possible answer.
- Scott says "Siri not only remembers, Siri knows."
- Siri automatically creates text messages, searches web, calendar event and always remembers those events.
- He is demoing many other ways Siri works like "What time is it in Paris" or "Find a great Greek restaurant in Palo Alto" and Siri give answers to all the questions.
- He says to the iPhone "What is the weather like today?" Siri responds: "Here is the forecast for today."
- Apple calls this new feature Siri and Scott Forstall is going to do a live demo of the new feature.
- He says "Will it rain in Cupertino" or "Do I need an umbrella today?" Both the same question, but different ways of asking.
- Phil says it the most amazing iPhone yet. He is now talking about voice feature. He wishes that devices could really understand you, that you didn't have to use a restricted lingo when asking for music or searching for directions.
- Phil says the iPhone 4S is entirely new on the inside and he again recaps the specs.
- The camera can take 1080p HD video and it offer video image stabilization, Temporal noise reduction. He shows a video taken with the new camera.
- He is now showing pictures taken with the new camera.
- Phil says the new camera is really faster, Droid Bionic takes 3.7 sec for first pic, Galaxy S II take 2.0 sec and iPhone 4S takes just 1.1 sec.
- The camera also has Hybrid IR filter for better color, five element f/2.4 lens for 30% sharpness increase, auto white balance and Face detection.
- The camera on iPhone 4S is 8-megpaixel 3264 x 2448 resolution. It has 60% more pixels than iPhone 4 camera and can gather 73% more light with Backside illumonation.
- iPhone 4S is a world phone is has support for both GSM and CDMA.
- iPhone 4S support HSPA+ for 14.4Mbps downlink and 5.8Mbps uplink.
- Phil talking about antenna design. He says " We've done something technically amazing. It can now intelligently switch between the antennas for even better call quality."
- Phil says "Now you would think if you put a processor that fast in a phone this thin you're going to get worse battery life. But we've worked hard. We now have 8 hours of talk time, 14 hours of 2g talk time, 6 hours of 3g browsing, 9 hours of Wi-Fi browsing"
- Phil is back, talking about the A5 processor Dual core, 2x faster CPU, Dual core graphics, 7x faster graphics.
- Infinity Blade 2 looks very good, in fact one of the best graphics we have seen on a mobile device.
- Epic's Mike Capps is giving a gaming demo.
- Next is iPhone. The new iPhone 4S. Design is the same, but inside it's all new with A5 processor and 7x faster graphics.
- As was rumored iPod touch doesn't get any major new feature and it will be available on October 12th priced $199 for 8GB model, $299 for 32GB Model and $399 for 64GB.
- Next up iPod touch, it's the most popular iPod and #1 selling portable gaming device.
- It has 16 new clock faces including a Mickey Mouse one. 8GB iPod nano will now cost $129 and 16GB $149. they are available today.
- The new nano is easier to navigate has improved fitness features and doesn't need Nike+ adapter.
- Phil says "we introduced a fun version last year. It's compact... and we've added some updates this year."
- Phil Schiller is on stage. It's iPod time. First up iPod nano.
- iCloud is coming on 12 October and iTunes Match is coming by end of October. Now playing a demo video of iCloud.
- Finally iTunes Match, it scans and matches your library, uploads unmatched songs, streams and upgrades all songs to 256kbps.
- iCloud will offer 5GB of free storage and for more storage you will pay $20/year for 10GB, $40/year for 20GB and $100/year for 50GB.
- Something new, iCloud will get a new app called 'Find my Friends'. He is demoing how the app works. The app easily locates friends and family, offers temporary sharing option and has simple privacy controls.
- Now he is talking about PhotoStream and how it automatically sync photos between your Apple devices. and now is Documents, again it syncs and updates docs automatically. Apple has talked about all this at WWDC. Why the repeat....
- He says with iCloud you can download and re-download your music or media anytime on any of your devices.
- Now Eddy Cue is on the stage to talk about iCloud. He says its free and it just works.
- It will work on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 2, iPad, iPod touch 3rd and 4th gen.
- Finally the good news, iOS 5 will be released on October 12th.
- This is WWDC flashback. Scott is now showing the PC free setup and Sync.
- Next feature is tabbed browsing on the new Safari browser.
- The camera app now allows you to edit photos and is accessible directly from lock screen.
- Next up is camera.
- This is repeat of WWDC keynote. Now he is talking about Reminders, then Twitter integration and now Newsstand.
- Next is iMessage, he says you can send text, photos and video over WiFi or 3G without paying anything to the carrier.
- Scott is talking about top ten features of iOS 5, starting with Notifications Center.
- Scott tells that over 61% of mobile browser usage is done on iOS and the App Store now has over 500,000 apps. Apple has paid over $3 billion to developers for those apps. And over 1 billion apps are being downloaded every month.
- He invites Scott Forstall on stage to talk about iOS.
- He says that we have passed quarter billion sales mark of iOS devices.
- 92% of Fortune 500 companies are deploying iPads. And iPad is the top selling tablet in the world.
- Now iPads, people are thrilled with this product and it has 95% satisfaction rating. And iPad deployment in education and corporate sectors is growing fast.
- He says despite all this momentum we have just 5% of overall handset market. This is an enormous opportunity.
- Customers love their iPhone and it is the highest rated in customer satisfaction.
- Next up iPhone. The iPhone 4 has sold over half of all iPhones. Smartphone market is growing at 74% while iPhone grew at 125%.
- We have 20 million songs in iTunes and over 16 billion songs have been downloaded.
- iPod is the #1 music player in the world with 70% market share and we have sold over 45 million iPods since last June. Overall we have sold more than 300 million iPods.
- Now iPod and iTunes... He says iPod was launched 10 years ago and it revolutionized the whole music industry.
- He adds we still have lot to do as 70% are buying other computers.
- And Mac now has a install base of 58 million users. And Mac has 23% market share in US.
- But its still the only one on the market. Mac is the #1 best selling desktop and laptop in US.
- Now the new MacBook Air, he says "Our competitors are trying to copy it."
- He says that Apple products are core of everything and he is giving an update about Apple products starting with Mac OS X Lion that has been downloaded 6 Million times.
- Now Tim is playing a video of the new Chinese Apple store.
- He is giving details about various new stores in China and other places.
- He is talking about retail stores and enormous momentum Apple has...
- New CEO Tim Cook is on the stage and he welcomes everyone and says this room has quite a history at Apple.
- Apple logo is on the big screen and we are wondering who will start the presentation.
- We are in the hall and the event is about to start.
- Rumor Roundup: Apple’s “Let’s Talk iPhone” Event
- WSJ – Sprint Nets $20 Billion on iPhone
- No One Knows What’s Coming Tomorrow at The Apple Event
- iPhone 5 Cases Arrive at AT&T Store
- iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 – The Confusion Continues
- Few More Details About Upcoming iPhone Revealed
Rumor Roundup: Apple’s “Let’s Talk iPhone” Event
Tomorrow is the D-day and we will finally come to know which rumors will come true and which will remain just rumors. Blogosphere has been buzzing with all kinds of rumors ranging from silly (Apple will introduce $299 iPad) to more creditable (Apple will have two iPhone models). Here are the five rumors that we think will come true in one form or another:Read More
October 3, 2011
No One Knows What’s Coming Tomorrow at The Apple Event
Over the weekend there have been many leaks about the upcoming iPhone, from carrier inventory list showing both iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S to iTunes beta code showing only iPhone 4S. However, these leaks have only added to the iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 confusion rather than provide any concrete information about tomorrow’s iPhone event.Read More
October 1, 2011
Samsung Launches Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
Not to be out done by Amazon’s Kindle Fire announcement this week, Samsung has launched their new tablet Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus. The Android 3.2 (Honeycomb) based tablet features a 7-inch screen, weighs 345g (0.76 pounds) and is just 9.96mm (0.39-inch) thick, making it both thinner and lighter than Kindle Fire that weighs 0.91 pounds and is 0.44-inch thick.Read More
September 30, 2011
Mockup and Video Showcasing iPhone 5’s New Assistant Feature
There has been lot of talk about “Assistant” that will be one of the major new feature of upcoming iPhone 5. The Assistant is based on Siri/Nuance voice recognition technology and few days back 9to5mac detailed how the new feature will work. Today, based on that information and other rumors MacRumors has heard, they posted an artist rendition of Assistant interface. Arnold Kim wrote:Read More
iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 – The Confusion Continues
What’s Apple big iPhone announcement on October 4th is the question on everyone’s mind. And the debate was again reignited today by the news that China Unicom’s research vice president, Huan Wenliang who spoke at Macworld Asia 2011 keynote speech said “iPhone 5 will support W-CDMA based high-speed data transfer standard HSPA Evolution HSPA+”. He presented a slide with question mark in place of iPhone 5 image, but it said “iPhone 5 2011 HSPA+ 21Mbps”.Read More
Samsung Unveils First 4gb LPDDR3 Chip, New 1.5GHz Exynos Chip and Faster 64GB NAND Chip
Samsung announced few new chips aimed at smartphone market including first low power DDR3 RAM, Exynos 4212 ARM processor, 64GB embedded NAND chip, 16-megapixel CMOS camera sensor and 1.2-megapixel webcam. Samsung says the new 4gb (512MB) low power DDR3 chip is first of its kind and is built using 30nm process technology. It is 60% faster at 1.6Gbps data transfer rate while consuming 20% less power than LPDDR2 RAM. Samsung will start sampling the new LPDDR3 RAM in fall with devices based on the new chip coming to market in first half of 2012. Samsung plans to ship 2GB version on the chip in 2012.Read More
September 28, 2011
New iPhone 4 and iPod touch Models Added to Apple’s Inventory System
9to5mac is reporting that Apple has added new iPhone 4s codenamed N90A and new iPod touch models codenamed N81A to their inventory system. Mark Gurman wrote on 9to5mac:Read More
Amazon Introduces Kindle Fire Tablet Priced $199
Today’s major Amazon announcement was their new tablet called Kindle Fire that Amazon says is the Kindle for movies, TV shows, music, books magazine, apps, game and web browsing. The Kindle fire is designed to bring Amazon’s selection of digital content at your fingertips.Read More